About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

How sweet it is.........

....fresh strawberries in the summer time.

My hubs planted some strawberry plants this year and we have picked a few already.
I saved enough to make him some homemade strawberry ice cream....
it is sweeeti-licious!!!!

I created this card for two different challenges.

One is @ Cardz TV blog....its called "Love in a Jar"
the second one is @ BBTB2...its called "Summer Foods"

I think this card works for both of them really well.


I used Kate's ABC's for the jar cut and then adhered it to some acetate for the illusion of real glass and I then fussy cut around the edges. 
I used a heart punch for the strawberries and Boho blossom punch for the green hulls and a MS leaf punch to fill some empty space. 
The "SWEET" sentiment is from Michael's dollar spot. 
The background is embossed with a folder from my Oriental Weave set of folders.
I thought it looked a little like a basket weave. 

Until later, sweetsies.......Gotta split......TFL!!!!!
Photobucket

13 comments:

Susan Edwards said...

What a wonderful jam jar! Love the way you added the ribbon and the other elements to your card. And you made me want to go have some jam!!! Thank you for joining us at BBTB2 this week.
Susan

Caroline said...

Yum, homemade strawberry ice cream.. Love your strawberries in a jar! Such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing at BBTB2.

Jayne said...

This is so pretty. Love your jar of strawberries. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
Jayne x

Jeri said...

Lots to like on this card, from the great look of the jar to using a heart punch to create the strawberries. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz TV.

Anonymous said...

I love your jar of strawberries. Great way to use the ribbon. Love the heart punch strawberries. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

Stef H said...

yummy. super yummy.

jade planted strawberries with her grampy. she loves gardening... and cooking. hmmmm, next food network star maybe - LOL.

hugs :)

Scrapping Girl said...

Looks so pretty and yummy! Glad you came to play with us at BBTB2 this week ;)
Michelle

Brenda said...

Oh I love your strawberries and the jar! This is a fabulous card and I love it because I love strawberries! lol Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

Sharon said...

What yummy goodness!! Love the hearts as strawberries!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Summer Foods' challenge at BBTB2 and for joining our 'Love in a Jar' challenge at CTVS!!!! :)

Blue6366 said...

Great job on your card....thanks for playing along with us at Cardz TV

shelly said...

sweet yummy card :) thanks for sharing with us at cardztv AND bbtb2 :)

~JulieH~ said...

Great design, absolutely gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
Juliex

MsJay said...

Very pretty card. TFS