About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Love????

Have you ever had a boyfriend carve your initials in a tree???
  I think that has gone away much like a lot of things.
I remember walking through the woods as a child 
and once in a while stumbling across
a tree that had been carved with the young loves initials.
I would wonder if that was sort of a right of passage.
To sort of hold the bond together.  

I'm sure like a lot of young love it didn't last.....
after all it wasn't written in "stone".
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

This is what inspired my card.  


It's a challenge at Haunted Design House.


I'm not sure if it the young loves blood 
or the tree itself from the mutilation that
took place upon it. 

Deets:

I used a kraft cardstock card base and then used some brown color core-dinations cs and ran it thru the embossing machine with the wood grain folder. 
Sanded it with a sanding block to achieve the bark look.
I cut out the heart and the wording with an
 exacto knife to create the carved look. 
I hand cut the 'blood drips' with red cs and 
applied crystal effects to make it appear wet.

I love how it turned out. 

Make like a tree and leaf ....
so you can also enter the challenge.

Until later, 'bud'dies.........Gotta split.......TFL!!!!!
Photobucket

5 comments:

ike said...

WoW - what a fabulous idea - this came out just perfect. I love the wood bark effect and the gooey blood is awesome. Thank you for sharing with us at Haunted Design House. Brilliant creation :-D xxxx

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Fabulous use of the embossing folder and that blood looks very wet and dimensional. LOVE it!!!!
Thanks for playing along with us this week at HDH!

Andrea C said...

Well Daisy it has been too long and I am delighted you are back with your lovely sick mind tehe. Brilliant entry but they always are. xx

flowerdisco said...

awesome looking! tfs.

Andrea C said...

I passed on an award to you on my blog xx