About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Friday, August 12, 2011

Warsh day.......

I was sitting here in my office listening to the washing machine running; the laundry room is right next to my office (how convenient...LOL) and was thinking about my new stamp set from SU! named House & Home . 
 I love the retro feel of it.  Yes, I still hang my clothes on a clothes line outside.  Yes, I have a dryer, but I'm old school and I remember the fresh smell of the clothes after they have hung in the sun; and it does save on electricity as well.  After they have been hanging out till they're almost dry I bring them in and fluff them in the dryer for a few minutes.
Also to remove any critters they may have taken up residence..... Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Ahhhhhhh......fresh smelling clothes!!!!


Card deets:

I started with an A2 size base of white card stock and then layered on so saffron and then cameo coral cardstock.  The white layer I ran thru my Texture Boutique with one of the embossing folders from Wall Decor set(the partner folders that match the Wall Decor and More Cricut cartridge).  

I stamped the gingham with so saffron and it reminded me of a quilt, ahhhh perfect.
Then I stamped the clothes pins and ironing board (to use as a base) with chocolate chip ink.
Then I stamped the ironing board again with cameo coral and fussy cut the cover to place on top with dimensionals.  The sentiment is from the Loads of Love stamp set....perfect for this....don't ya think???

You can almost smell the freshness just by looking at this card....

Well, the washing machine has stopped and I have to go hang out for a little while!!!!

Until later warsh women.........Gotta hang split .....TFL!!!!!
Photobucket

No comments: